Wildlife Animals in the Crawl Space
Your crawlspace can attract many unwelcome visitors. Because it is hidden away from the high-traffic areas of your home, the crawl space shields the wildlife animals from the elements and offers a cozy nesting area in which to birth and raise babies. Unfortunately for you, this can lead to crawl space damage, crawl space odors, and other crawl space problems presented by wildlife.
Critter Control can remove animals in crawl spaces, repair crawl space damage, and clean up wildlife droppings left behind after the wildlife animal has been removed. There are many common crawl space problems that occur, including:
- Opossums and other wildlife may get stuck and die, creating a terrible odor and difficult stains
- Raccoons nesting in the crawlspace will leave behind lots of droppings and create a mess
- Rat and mouse populations will explode, multiplying the damage and droppings
How to identify animals entering your crawl space:
- If you have noticed digging under your deck or porch, small patches of torn-up grass, and a distinct odor, it’s most likely a skunk. Skunks burrow under structures and often feed on grubs and insects.
- If there are noises in your attic, you probably have squirrels or raccoons nesting. Raccoons will come out at night; squirrels most often during the day. Young raccoons often sound like puppies and can be very vocal.
- If you have long underground burrows in your grass and your garden, and have noticed flowers are eaten, chances are a woodchuck − also known as a groundhog or whistle-pig − has made your lawn his home. Smaller burrows and disappearing flower bulbs may indicate chipmunks or moles.
Crawl Space Repair & Restoration
Critter Control of Hamilton County can restore your crawl space with damage repairs, restoration work, and crawl space clean up. We also offer crawl space foundation repair to keep animals out in the future. Damages in the crawl space can lead to flooding and water damage, and compromised energy efficiency, but our technicians are experienced and knowledgeable and will work diligently to get your crawl space repaired quickly. Call Critter Control of Hamilton County for crawl space repair, restoration, and clean up. Critter Control of Hamilton County can find the root of the problem and eliminate it, today!