Groundhog Control Services in Hamilton County
These medium-sized rodents are skilled at swimming and climbing. These squirrel relatives tend to stay within 150 feet of their burrows when they are active in the warmer months, and this in combination with their herbivore eating tendencies equals an outdoor pest.
- Groundhogs aren't usually found in homes, so their main damages occur in your Hamilton County yard.
- Groundhog damage can also manifest in the form of digging at the base of homes or other buildings, weakening the structural integrity.
- Groundhog attacks against humans are incredibly rare and must be treated as an indication of rabies.
- Woodchuck diets have been known to include such crops as soybeans, peas, carrots, lettuce, alfalfa, apples, and flowers.
- Further damage can be to farm equipment and livestock, due to hidden burrow holes.
- Groundhog trapping
- Habitat modifications
- Wire mesh fences (these should be buried at least a foot underground and overhangs at the top to discourage the crafty critters from burrowing or climbing over)
- Electrified fencing may be necessary
Since groundhogs are clever and create several entrances and exits to their burrows, traps should only be set by trained professionals. Woodchucks are not usually aggressive toward humans, but like many wildlife creatures, they may scratch or bite when they feel threatened. Critter Control of Hamilton County's wildlife experts are trained to safely deal with nuisance groundhogs and prepared to handle trapping, removal, and control operations. We can help you get rid of groundhog problems. Call today or visit us online!Request a Quote