These small rodents may look cute and furry when they are scurrying around the park, but it’s a different story when you find them inside your home. Squirrels are no stranger to Hamilton County residents. These nuisance creatures are known to stir up trouble in Hamilton County homes if not kept out. Here are 5 ways you can keep squirrels away from your home.
5 Ways to Keep Squirrels Away from Your Home
1. Seal up all possible entry points. Squirrels can enter your home through small gaps and holes. It is important to make sure all gaps, holes, foundation cracks, attic vents, and chimney grills are sealed to keep squirrels out.
2. Trim tree branches. Squirrels often use tree branches as a pathway to your home. Trimming branches that are close to your home and roof will make it difficult for squirrels to get into your home.
3. Limit access to food sources. Squirrels have a great sense of smell and often look to your home for free food. A good way to keep squirrels away from your home is to get rid of or limit their access to food. Never leave food out and invest in a squirrel-proof trash can.
4. Install squirrel-proof birdfeeders. As we mentioned above, squirrels love free food, and they love bird seeds. If you enjoy looking and feeding birds, make sure to invest in a squirrel-proof birdfeeder to keep squirrels away from your home.
5. Call in the professionals. The best way to keep squirrels away from your home is to call the experts at Critter Control of Hamilton County. Our technicians are trained in squirrel removal and prevention. Call 317.953.2523 and schedule a home inspection today!